Sunday, May 15, 2011

A Discussion on China?

I suppose you might understand that I have a background as an educator, and at the root of my being I remain a teacher. Judy warned me to try and keep my introductory comments to 10 minutes or less. even talking fast I couldn't do it! Sorry about that!

I thought the conversation went well, and we did cover quite a lot of territory. Qing Dynasty, Sun Yat Sen, Chairman Mao, Deng Xiaoping, and Hu Jintao were all discussed at some length. The plight of the common Chinese person, the ideology of communism, the urban/rural dichotomy of China, the Opium Wars, the Boxer Rebellion, western Imperialism, Chinese isolationism, and the historic hatred of the Japanese. There is a lot to consider in any Chinese discussion, even a casual one. Still, it went well. Didn't it?

So, what for nest time? Any Big Question suggestions?

Please comment.

No comments:

Post a Comment